1. About the India eVisa
- Visa India (e-Visa) is required for all foreigners planning to enter India. The e-Visa can be availed for maximum of two times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December- The validity of e-Visa approval letter is 120 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
- e-Visa has 3 sub-categories i.e., e-Tourist visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical visa
. Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.
- Citizens from over 150 countries
traveling to India for periods under 60 days can now apply for an Indian e-Visa before arriving. It is an electronic visa that allows its holder to visit India for touristic, business or medical purposes for up to 60 consecutive days. Applicants of Pakistani origin should apply for a traditional visa, not the online visa. You may Click here
to see the list of eVisa eligible countries.
- The e-Visa fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
2. How does it work?
The e-Visa will be processed and issued electronically and sent to the traveler via email. When the traveler arrives in India, they will need to have biometric information taken at the airport and their passport will be stamped.
To apply for a visa you will need:
- Valid Passport.
- A digital photo of yourself.
- A passport scan of the information page.
- Answer a set of personal questions.
- Visa, Master, American Express or JCB credit cards for the payment
Below are some easy steps to apply for the India eVisa:
- Step 1: Fill in India e-Visa application form online at www.goIndiavisa.com/step_1
- Step 2: Make online payment for the e-Visa approval fee. Then, keep checking your email to provide some additional information/documents from email@example.com, which is required for your India visa processing.
- Step 3: After some working hours/days, you will:
- Receive visa approval letter (eVisa) via email
- Print out the letter
- Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer upon arrival in India.
- Step 4: Get your India visa stamped in India arrival airport or seaports.
- Upon arrival to one of India International Airports or Seaports, you present passport, visa approval letter to the Immigration officer to get your visa stamped.
- Get their India visa stamped into passport by the Immigration Officers at the Immigration Desk
Note: India visa for US citizens processing time:
For US citizens who need the eVisa to India, whether you are offered the NORMAL or UGENT INDIA VISA SERVICE, in which the processing of your India eVisa will be completed within only:
- 3 working days for NORMAL service or
- 2 working days for URGENT service or
- 1 working day for SUPER URGENT service
- 5 working hours for SUPER URGENT service
3. Available Ports of Entry
The e-Visa is valid for entry through 25 designated Airports and 5 designated seaports (see the table’s detail). However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
|25 designated Airports
|5 designated seaports:
4. India eVisa fees
GENERAL INDIA EVISA FEES
|TYPE OF VISA
||TOTAL FEE cost/pax
|Normal (3 working days)
||Urgent (2 working day)
||Super Urgent (1 working day)
||Super Urgent (5 working hours)
||Non working time (during the holiday, at the weekend)
|India E-visa - Tourist Purpose- 60 days- Double entry
|India E-visa - Business Purpose- 60 days - Double entry
|India E-visa - Medical Purpose - 60 days - Triple entry
TOTAL INDIA EVISA FEE FOR SPECIAL NATIONALITIES
|Total visa fee (US $)
||Argentina, Cook Islands, Fiji, Jamaica, Kiribati, Marshall, Mauritius, Albania, Nauru, Niue Island, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
||Japan, Singapore, Sri Lanka
||Mozambique, Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
5. Documents required for the eVisa
For the India eVisa, besides answering some additional questions, you need to prepare the following information/documents:
- Scanned Bio Page of the passport showing the Photograph and Details (All kinds of eVisa)
- Other documents:
+ Copy of Letter from the Hospital concerned in India on its letterhead (For e-Medical Visa)
+ For Copy of Business Card (For e-Business Visa)
+ For e-Business Visa visiting "To deliver lecture/s under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN)":
- Invitation of the host institute to the foreign faculty
- Copy of the sanction order under GIAN issued by the National Coordinating Institute viz. IIT Kharagpur
- Copy of the synopsis of the courses to be taken up by the faculty
Hopefully this information is clear and useful for you. If you may need a quick the eVisa for India, kindly click the below button to get your eVisa India now:
Or if you have any further queries about India eVisa requirements, India eVisa in general, or India vacations, kindly email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call our 24/7 hotline +84.903.278.853 for free information and guide.